I walked into the Destination D registration area this morning and immediately geeked out over this:
You guys, I’m admittedly out of the Disney loop (really – I know half of you won’t believe me…) but did we know Magic Band 2 was coming?!
I got a chance to speak with a representative and ask a few questions, but first, look at them!
They really aren’t as big as they look in this comparison, but it will take some getting used to – and for me, will certainly be worn opposite my watch. But now I’ve buried the lead. Magic Keepers (or something like that) will be available for purchase. Keychains, carabiners, and – what I just know will be insanely popular – lanyard clips! I don’t even think it’ll be my first choice over a bracelet (perhaps, though?!), but look. how. freaking. cute.
We got these Limited Edition bands, which have – wait for it – sounds literally pulled from the Jungle Cruise. Unfortunately, as you’ll see in the video, DVC members will find that the “Welcome Home” message (that we have literally never heard, anywhere “in the wild”) will override the special settings for this band. I really hope they fix that! ????
- They will begin fulfilling Annual Passholder orders with Magic Band 2 “almost immediately”. Resort guests will begin receiving them in the coming months.
- Bands can be activated, deactivated, added to an account, etc the same way – using ID numbers on the back and your My Disney Experience app. Be aware of the glitch (feature? I guess it depends on the person…) where attaching the band to a DVC Member account may override any sound or effects a special edition band should provide.
- Accessories will be available immediately; I’ll grab details when I can get to a shop!
- All accessories will come with a small screwdriver with which to remove the center piece of your Magic Band 2.
- All other Magic Band functionality (room charges, Fastpass +, park admission, room entry, etc) will remain the same, and is dependent on several factors related to the individual reservation.
Our other “first thoughts” —
- I’m sure you could pop, say, the green RFID piece from this band and put it in a band of another color. The new “fashion” possibilities are endless with Magic Band 2! ????
- They really are thinner and more pliable than previous bands.
- If you pull the inside out for children or smaller wrists, these separate much more cleanly!
What do you think? Do you like them, or need to see them in person? Will you be getting any accessories? What do you hope they add?!