Today I’m tackling the list of my favorite snacks available in the Magic Kingdom. I say “tackling” because goodness – there are dozens of incredible snack options there!
To make it easier on me, I’m just going to go ahead and ignore the glorious Mickey bars, perennial favorite popcorn and the classic Mickey Pretzel. Those are a staple, and an excellent choice in any park. So without further ado…
10. Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies Orange-Pineapple Smoothie. On a hot day in Tomorrowland, this is always a refreshing treat. There are also Strawberry-Banana and Orange-Pineapple-Mango varieties if you want to mix things up!
9. Big Top Treats. Ok, yes. This is like 27 treats posing as one entry on this list. I’m a cheater when it comes to Top 10 lists, what can I say? 🙂 Seriously though, this is a lovely little gem tucked away inside the Big Top Souvenirs store in Storybook Circus. Much like a mini Goofy’s Candy Company in Downtown Disney, you can find gorgeous character-inspired candy apples and fresh caramel corn, or even create your own masterpiece of chocolate covered goodies (marshmallows, pretzels, pineapple spears, etc). You will be able to find something for any mood under the big top!
8. Hand-scooped Ice Cream Sandwich from Sleepy Hollow Refreshments. This is pretty self-explanatory. There’s nothing wrong with the pre-packaged ice cream cookie sandwiches, but they are no comparison to your choice of ice cream on freshly baked chocolate chip cookies!
7. Corn Dog Nuggets from Casey’s Corner. I am a sucker for Corn Dogs. The traditional Walt Disney World version doesn’t hold a candle to the Disneyland incarnation (and I’m thrilled they’ve come close now with the Disney Springs food truck!), but the nuggets from Casey’s Corner are delicious, easy to eat on-the-go, and come with a side of charming nostalgia in the wonderfully themed quick-service restaurant.
6. Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Square (or a variety of other options from the Main Street Confectionery). I already cheated once, so I forced myself to choose one of the delectable treats from the Main Street Confectionery. If this doesn’t look good to you, there are plenty of other choices – rice krispy treats, homemade fudge, and lots of other candies!
5. Liberty Square Market’s Fresh Baked Potato. This one is included for its value, in addition to being quite tasty. At a stand that looks a bit like a dime-a-dozen fresh fruit stand, there is a small, unobtrusive sign touting a few hot options – including the potato with fixings and, seasonally, outstanding roasted corn-on-the-cob!
4. Nutella and Fresh Fruit Waffle Sandwich. With it’s second entry on the list, we make another stop at Sleepy Hollow Refreshments in Liberty Square. There are a few different waffle sandwiches – both sweet and savory – but the one with gobs of Nutella and fresh strawberries, blueberries and bananas gets my vote every time! Honestly? The only reason this isn’t higher on the list is because it’s easy to duplicate elsewhere. It really is to die for!
3. Sweet Cream Cheese Pretzel. Whenever we try to describe this one, words simply don’t do it justice. Truly, it doesn’t even look like much in person… but it is squarely in my top 5, and a must-have every trip. Give it a shot, and let me know what you think!
2. LeFou’s Brew (with a side of ginormous Cinnamon Roll). As I have mentioned here before, this is the first treat anywhere on Disney property that has a chance to unseat my top pick. It can be found in New Fantasyland at Gaston’s Tavern. I prefer mine without the mango foam topping, but this frozen apple juice drink (with a hint of toasted marshmallow) is inexplicably delicious. (Can’t wait to try it? It’s super easy to make at home, too!)
And it’s probably no secret around here what my favorite Magic Kingdom treat is (still. for now.)…
1. Aloha Isle’s Pineapple Dole Whip Float. While some prefer the citrus swirl from Sunshine Tree Terrace, I’m a Dole Whip Girl through and through. Not only is it delicious and refreshing, but the ambience of Adventureland rounds out what I think is the World’s most perfect treat experience. (Check out these other places you can now get Dole Whips between trips!)
Agree with my list? Think I made a glaring omission? Let me know what ranks as your favorite Magic Kingdom treats!
Looking for insider tips for snacking around the Magic Kingdom? Check out the Disney Food Blog’s Guide to the Magic Kingdom Snacks here! (affiliate link) Enjoy your planning with great detail, or take the PDF on your smart device as you explore the park!