Welcome back friends, to the ever-so-slightly updated Delightful Life podcast! You’ll notice a few changes around here, but it’s still the same show. I hope that’s a good thing! 🙂
First things first, a quick reminder that the show will be evolving just a bit over the weeks to come. My husband has great insight on life, my kids are funny, and the “normal, possibly boring moments” are where we often find great conversations and memories – so I’d like to try to bring a few of those real life things into the conversation.
We are always looking for the next big thing, but often kind of just trudge through the moments between. Life doesn’t have to be that way, right? The Delightful Life is a journey for all of us – being intentional about how we spend our time, who we spend it with, finding delight in the moments that don’t seem big or magical. We want to do this together.
What brings you joy? What are you created to do? How are you wired to serve other people? What are the relationships that are most important? Which are toxic? How can you organize things and be productive so that you can maximize the free time you have?
That may sound like a hodge-podge of topics, but they all have one idea in mind: intentionally pursuing delight in our lives.
IT’S THE PICK OF THE WEEK!
In this new segment, someone from our family will share something we find worthwhile. It may be the lastest American Girl book, some garage cleaning product (almost certainly not), a life-changing book, a family game. You’ll just have to check it out each week! 🙂
This week, I took a quick look at The Art of Work, by Jeff Goins.
INTERVIEW with MATT HAM
- What is Bowtie Friday?
[clickToTweet tweet=”Can I wear a bowtie and be generous? Grateful? Humble? @matthamsr” quote=”Can I wear a bowtie and be generous? Grateful? Humble?”]
- What 5 words changed Matt’s definition of “richness”?
- How do we begin to apply RICH principles?
- Recognize you’re broken.
- Invest in others.
- Choose gratitude. “Too often people view gratitude as a feeling, not a choice.”
- Humble yourself with confidence.
- What are some practical ways we can shift to a mindset of gratitude?
- What is this giant pickle that interrupted Jennifer and Matt’s conversation?!
- What is the key difference between gratitude and entitlement?
- What does it mean to take your thoughts captive, and why is it important?
[clickToTweet tweet=”The longing to be affirmed by someone is actually humility. @matthamsr” quote=”The longing to be affirmed by someone is actually humility.”]
- How can we distinguish “chasing awards” versus simply wanting a healthy dose of affirmation?
- How can parents in the thick of raising little people apply the RICH principles? Why is it imperative that we do, before we can ask our kids to?
[clickToTweet tweet=”We project our best desires on our children, but we let ourselves off the hook. @matthamsr” quote=”We project our best desires on our children, but we let ourselves off the hook.”]
- What is the difference between fighting for your kids, and fighting with them?
- What does “Whole Life Matters” mean?
- What does Eminem have to do with Jesus?
- What advice would Matt give his younger self?
RESOURCES AND MENTIONS
The Delightful Life Episode 033 – “State of the Podcast Address”
The In-Between by Jeff Goins
The In-Between review on Delightful.Life
The Art of Work by Jeff Goins
Redefine Rich by Matt Ham
Matt’s closing keynote from Launch Out 2015
Shawn Smith, the Mobile Pro
Fear Fears Truth from Delightful.Life
Matt’s Post: Do you Fight with your Children?
Whole Life Matters (Matt’s podcast)
Let’s Get Social!
Connect with Jennifer and/or the Delightful Life community on Facebook.
Leave a rating and/or review on iTunes or Stitcher to help spread the word about living a life of delight.
Leave a comment on this episode or find other resources at Delightful.Life
Leave a Reply