How many of you knew this had to be the first recipe shared around here?
Dole Whips, of course, are the ridiculously addictive pineapple sorbet treats available only at Disney resorts and the Dole plantation in Hawaii. At Walt Disney World they are available at Aloha Isle in Adventureland in the Magic Kingdom and at Captain Cook’s counter service restaurant at the Polynesian resort. My favorite is the float, soft-serve plus fresh pineapple juice. Delicious.
Now let me say that we have tried other Dole Whip recipes. Some match better in color or hold true to the dairy-free nature of Dole Whips, but these are our favorite. This recipe produces a tasty, creamy dessert that tastes just like the pineapple-vanilla swirl Dole Whip. So without further ado…
AT-HOME DOLE WHIP FIX
- 1 quart Dole pineapple juice
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- Mix the pineapple juice and sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add the whipping cream and vanilla; mix well.
- Pour the mixture into ice cream maker and follow manufacturer instructions. Cheesy-but-fun Disney ice cream maker not required, but I’m sure it makes them more authentic somehow 😉
- Serve as-is or freeze for a firmer treat. Add your extra pineapple juice for a boost of pineapple flavor! 🙂