We had a little bit of extra time today, so we were excited to try the S’more Bars from Amanda’s Cookin! While it does require actual baking 😉 it’s just the perfect, simple recipe to allow bigger kids to help. We remember quite fondly S’mores Bars from our first S’mores Week several years ago, but I’m certain this is a different recipe. Would they be just as memorable, we wondered? They sure looked delicious!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 (regular size) Hershey’s chocolate bars
- 1 jar (7 oz) marshmallow cream
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla and mix until well-combined.
- In another bowl, mix flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture and mix with electric mixer.
- Divide the dough in half; press one half onto the bottom of the pan, spreading to the edges.
- Spoon marshmallow cream on top of dough. Spread evenly, not quite to the edges.
- Cover the marshmallow layer with chocolate bars.
- Press the remaining dough on top of the chocolate, gently spreading to the edge. (Note: Amanda’s Cookin suggests weighing the dough. I have never done such a thing, but it would have been wise – my top layer didn’t quite cover the rest and I had a little bit of marshmallow bubbling through. Still delicious, just not quite as pretty.)
- Bake 25-30 minutes. Allow to cool before cutting and serving.
They’re amazing. As I mentioned, mine ended up a little uglier since the girls and I weren’t nearly as meticulous as the original post… but now that we know they’re outstanding, we’ll try again soon. 🙂