Jennifer is back from vacation and learned a lot while she was gone:
1. Quiet and rest are important – but not just for us as individuals. We must intentionally separate to truly get the most value from our time together.
2. It is imperative that we reclaim some of our time from technology and connectedness.
3. Her kids (and yours!) are normal. Of course they aren’t “normal”, because they are awesome. But those things they do that make you crazy? They’re supposed to do them. They’re learning, too.
4. Try new things! Whether it’s slurping down escargot (not actually slimy!) or stepping completely out of your comfort zone, you may just be surprised at the results.
5. The world is so big. We are but a blip in time and space and while that doesn’t mean your story is any less important? It does mean that none of us is the center of the universe 🙂
6. Persistence and patience pay off when it comes to our dreams. Jennifer shares the story of her buddy Mike Super, and how he can inspire us all to keep working hard at what we’re doing.
7. Not all dreams are for us. Right? This is where we need your help! How do you determine when to let go of dreams past? What do we do when the things that tug at our hearts don’t line up with our lives? Did we just make those dreams up, or should we look at them from a different angle?
JOIN THE CONVERSATION!
- Find and join The Delightful Life Community on Facebook! Chat with like-minded people, continue conversations from the shows, get resources and encouragement to find delight in your day-to-day!
- Leave a quick rating and/or review on iTunes. (Thank you thank you thank you!)
- Facebook not for you? Comment below and answer some questions to help Jennifer flesh out question #7.
- Tweet out that you’re listening, with the hashtage #DelightfulLife and find us on twitter!
Parenting | Self-Improvement | Leadership | Goals | Dreamers | Family | Delight | Happiness