That’s right, friends. As I hinted earlier this week on the #ftlod Facebook page, The Disney Nerds Podcast recently hosted an interview with none other than Resort TV host extraordinaire, Stacey J. Aswad.
If you have stayed at a Walt Disney World resort since 2005 and have ever turned on your television while there, you have seen Stacey in action. She is the lovable, energetic host of the “Top 7 Must See” show and “Must Do Disney”… and despite the fact that these specials have played on repeat for over 9 years – and on a station that your television will automatically start at, no matter where you leave it when you turn it off – Disney fans can’t seem to get enough of Stacey!
If there was any doubt in my mind before (there wasn’t), it is clear to me now why this is true. Stacey is genuinely funny, passionate, energetic and kind. Do yourself a favor and listen to the entire interview here (or on the Podcast or Stitcher apps):
…but until you have a chance (or while you’re waiting for the app to download), here are a few tidbits from my conversation with the most quotable Resort TV celebrity of all time 🙂
- Her first day filming the original “Top 7” show was her first day setting foot in Disney parks… but now having been back to Walt Disney World dozens of times (and to Disneyland in her now-home Southern California), Stacey is legitimately a fan. She appreciates the details, the history and nostalgia, the backstory – all the things that make up a true Disney fan. And she really does love her some thrill rides.
- In addition to getting us excited about our vacation, Stacey is a Juilliard-trained dancer, an artistic roller skating champion and the creator and co-host of a weekly internet show VO Buzz Weekly. She has appeared in numerous acting and voiceover roles (including voicing characters in a major video game franchise), as well as the cult classic and award-winning, “Finding Kraftland”.
- One of Stacey’s biggest goals is to see the end of animal cruelty and homelessness in her lifetime. She shares in our interview and on her website how she is using her voice to help.
- I may have teared up a little when talking with Stacey about the support of her family – and the encouragement she found as a “not-so-typical child” to pursue her dreams.
- And yet? Despite all this goodness in one package, the girl has never had a Dole Whip. For real. She’s working on it, she says, but I don’t know. Filming before the parks open, 16-hours at a time, sometimes flying in and out for a day to film brief updates… are those excuses valid? I’ll have to think about it.
Seriously, Stacey is every bit as lovely and gracious as you might imagine. It was absolutely my pleasure and honor to chat with her, and I can’t wait to “see” her again the next time I can get to a Walt Disney World resort!
The Disney Nerds co-hosts often chat about our favorite Stacey one-liners, many of which it turns out are ad-libbed, to varying extent. Do you have a favorite?! Share in the comments below, or on Facebook (For the Love of Disney | The Disney Nerds Podcast)!